First of all, you need to install and get registered with Genie App to Access Netgear Setup page. If you have already registered and using the app to access Routerlogin.net, you already know its benefits. Further, we shall guide you how to make easier parental control over your Router’s activities.
Access Netgear Setup to Enable the Parental Control
- Access the Genie app installed on your PC, mobile or any other device but should be configured with respective Netgear Router.
- The option ‘Parental Control’ is available on its left side under the ‘Home’ option.
- The ‘Parental Controls’ window will appear and you need to click on ‘Next’.
- The ‘Setting up Live Parental Control’ will appear on your screen.
- To use the Live Parental Control, you need to create a free OpenDNS account, if you have already created that account then go further clicking on ‘Yes’ or if you have not an OpenDNS account then click on the ‘No’ option.
- According you click on ‘Yes’ and ‘N’o option, the next option will appear to create an OpenDNS account. Fill the required info and create your OpenDNS account.
- Creating an OpenDNS account refers that you have enabled your Parental Control.
- In future when you want to disable or enable your parental control via genie app, you can follow this process:
Open Genie App > Access routerlogin.net > Click on Parental Controls
- In case you log into via your OpenDNS account then you can enter the OpenDNS login username and password.
- In order to enable or disable the parental control, you can move the button left to right side.
Bypass Account Using Genie App
- In order to make and save custom filtering levels, you can create a bypass account on your genie app.
- If you click on ‘Yes’ option then next option will come to ‘Choose a Filtering Level for Your Network’.
- Choose the required option and click on ‘Next’ option. This indicates that your filtering level is settled down.
- The next option will be about creating a bypass account which allows the devices to access internet without restrictions.
Genie App Add A Time Block For A Site
On clicking a time block, you can block any a site for the specific time period. In between the selected time, the particular site can’t be accessed by any a user.
Access Netgear Setup for Parental Control using the Genie App is the fantastic application enables one to use the router Setup through any device to monitor all connected devices regardless the how far away you are from your network.