You will need to fill accurate user name and password for login to your Netgear wireless router smart setup wizard. You will receive default login name and password for your Netgear router and then you can manage required configurations for your Netgear router. Default password for Netgear Router Login Page must be changed so that you can secure login rights for your Netgear router. We are going to explain the steps for changing the password for your Netgear router. If you are not able to change default password for your Netgear router using these simple steps, you can contact router support team for help.
Steps for Changing WiFi Access Password for Netgear Router Login Page
- At the computer system you are using, access Netgear Router Login Page using routerlogin.net address or IP address 192.168.1.1.
- That computer system must be connected with the Netgear router you are using and these connections must be configured using Ethernet cable or wireless connection.
- Fill current login details for your Netgear router login page. The Netgear Router Password is ‘admin’ in lower case.
- After login to your Netgear router, go for “Wireless” option.
- You can fill new SSID name in the given fields.
- After that, you can also change the password for your Netgear router.
- Click on “Apply” option and save the settings you have made.
These are the simple steps for changing the password for your Netgear Router Login Page. After changing the password for your Netgear router, you must make sure to reboot your Netgear router and login to Netgear router using new login details.
Whenever you change the router name and password, you have to save the settings to make these changes applicable. Make sure remember this password, you can save the password in you used to the device to remember this for next time Netgear Router Login Page.