Being a technical product Router enables the users to upgrade the features of the router by accessing Netgear Router Login. The advantage of upgrading your firmware, it boosts up your working capacity with Netgear wnr2000 Router. You can make the setup to remind you for Firmware version update exact after routerlogin or can access the Router Setup to update the firmware. If you are getting any problem to install the new version of firmware then follow the below steps:
- First of all access the Netgear Router Login
Open Main Browser > www.routerlogin.net > username and password (you must remember, if your had changed) > you have accessed the Netgear Router Setup page
- The basic settings will come on your screen.
- Click on the Maintenance (left side in the middle)
- Router Upgrade (Firmware Upgrade) option will display on your screen
- There is an appearance of a checkbox showing “Check for Updated Firmware Upon Log-in”. Click on this check box.
The main motive of clicking this option is, whenever you are going to access Netgear Router Login, your screen will display the ‘Router Upgrade’ option. Thus automatically it will remind you of the Firmware Update. Now go further.
- Click on ‘Check’ option.
- It will show “Checking for Firmware Updates”
- Now wait for some minutes, if there is the availability of new version it will show “Firmware Version Check”
- If there is no availability of new version, it will show “No New Version Available”
- So according to your requirement, you need to update the firmware, click on the ‘Yes’ and wait for some time.
- It may take almost 10 minutes to download and install the new version.
- When the firmware is updated, it will get restart and take almost one minute to re-appear with the updated process.
When your Router is updating the firmware:
- Don’t close the screen
- Don’t click on any other link, tab or option
- Don’t make any interruption during the update process
- Be careful towards your internet speed, it should not get low or disconnected.
In case you interrupt, it may either corrupt the firmware or stop the installation. So be careful. As discussed above, if you have clicked on the checkbox, you don’t need to get access Netgear Setup, simply follow Netgear Router Login details and Firmware update option will appear on the screen.